Frequently Asked Questions
What is the differences between MP/embed Free, Basic, Pro and Unlimited?
- Free – Use of MP/embed with parameters (or embedded Mattertags) with features documented on the ‘How it Works’ page.
- Premium – Use of MP/embed’s Premium ‘Configurator’, a control panel with all features with visual configuration. Available as Basic, Professional or Unlimited.
- Premium Basic – Use of Premium with 25 Total Spaces.
- Premium Pro – Use of Premium with 100 Total Spaces. Includes 500MB Storage for upcoming file upload feature. Will include additional features to be announced at a future date.
- Premium Unlimited – Use of Premium with Unlimited Spaces. Includes 5GB Storage with upcoming file upload feature. Will include all additional features to be announced at a future date.
When adding a new space, what are the space id, the version and the proxy?
- Matterport space id
Add the 11 alphanumeric character model ID to the list below.
For instance if your model is: https://my.matterport.com/?m=1234567890A — then the ID is 1234567890A
- Version (optional)
Do you need to create multiple MPEmbed overlays for the same tour? Versions allows this! Add up to ten alphanumeric characters. Do not use spaces or punctuation in the version name.
- Proxy (Link Replacement) (optional)
If you have reuploaded your space with more scans, to edit your trims or to replace an existing project – your new Matterport space will have a new ID. If you would like your new space to point to the old URL link you can by using Prox. Type your OLD space ID (and the version if it applies) in the “Matterport ID” field. Type the NEW space ID in the ‘proxy’ field. The new space will load in the place of your old space and all settings will be retained.
How can I add more than one space at the same time ?
You can add several spaces by writing a comma separated list of IDs in the box above the button. This option cannot include versions or proxies. If the spaces already exist or go over your maximum of spaces, they will not be imported.
What is a white label domain ?
You can use your own domain or subdomain to share your MP/embed spaces with your clients. For example, instead of putting mpembed.com/show … you could use 360.yourdomain.com/show … You can sign up for this service here.
Which version do I need to use with WP3D Models?
WP3D Models has full support for MP/embed Free. In addition, you can embed any Premium Space by using the ‘Wildcard field’ and simply entering in &mpu=X, where X is your user id.
Help! &title=0 doesn’t hide the About Panel! Why?
WP3D Models automatically applies &title=0 in order to provide it’s animated title sequence. In order to work together with this WP3D Models, we ignore this setting. Please use &mls=2 instead – as it does the same exact thing and is supported.
What happens to my Premium settings if I cancel my subscription or fail to pay?
Your account will remain functional during a grace period. At the moment, I am reaching out to clients to find out if there is anything I can do resolve the payment issue. If a client cannot be reached after a period of time, their account will be suspended and premium features will be disabled. All data will be retained for future access.
Do I need to use parameters with MP/embed Premium?
You only need to use one parameter – &mpu= – which will load the space settings from your premium account based on your user ID.
Optionally, you can use &mpv= if you have opted to use the ‘versions’ system to create multiple premium version for the same space.
&mpv= loads the correct version of the enhancements — if you have created multiple premium versions of the space. It is not necessary to have a version number. You cannot change or remove the version number at this time – you’ll lose your settings.
Can I display my Premium space without using the &mpu and &mpv parameters?
Yes! You can embed these settings using hidden Mattertags. This validates that you are the owner of the space and that any time your space is viewed via mpembed.com, that these settings should be seen.
- Login to my.matterport.com
- Enter Workshop for the space that you wish to validate
- Create a Mattertag with the title ‘mpu’ and enter your MP/embed user id in ‘details’ (it will be a number)
- Set this tag’s visibility to off (red)
- If you have multiple versions, create a Mattertag with the title ‘mpv’ and enter the version that you assigned in ‘details’.
- Set this tag’s visibility to off (red)
- Click Publish.
When I remove a space, do I lose all of the settings that I created?
Not at the moment. Removing the space deactivates the premium data — but the data remains on the MP/embed server. If you re-add the space ID with the same version number/letter, your data will return. We will be enforcing that premium spaces must be active to load customizations, so please don’t rely on the loophole 🙂
Help, I changed the version number and now my settings are all gone!
If you remember the version number you used, simply put it back. If you don’t remember the version number, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I use Premium to override parameters on a space that has already been embedded?
Yes! If you have a client who has embedded a tour with parameters into their website, you can add Mattertags for mpu and mpv into your space. Then in Premium, you can check the option for ‘disable parameters’. Viola! You have taken control of the space!