MP Embed Roadmap
Feature Requests, Changelog and Tentative Roadmap
We're taking requests...
Server Maintenance coming – 10/16/18
MPEmbed.com may be offline for up to 2 hours during a server maintenance window between 10/16/2018 @ 11pm (ET) – 10/17/2018 @ 5am (ET).
I am working towards finding a solution so that no spaces are affected during this time — and secondarily, looking towards finding a way in which the SDK key will work on a backup server so that all features will be unaffected.
Stay tuned! (I like fun projects like this)
October 11, 2018
New Fly-To Mattertag Transitions
&mtrans=2 – Experience a new transition between Mattertags when the ‘fly-to’ method fails.
When viewers click on a tag in the Mattertag panel, they will ‘fly-to’ the Mattertag (and generally reach the location of the Mattertag). When this fails, MPEmbed will fly out to dollhouse mode (or floorplan mode if this is disabled) and then try again.
I have created a secondary option that will instead cross fade to the location of the Mattertag with a small 3D transition. This is based on a quirk in the SDK that I have discovered.
Premium UI Fixes – Tint panel redesigned; bug with checkboxes not showing as checked when swapping tabs fixed.
October 10, 2018
In addition to minor visual improvements to Premium’s Control Panel, I have begun to list known bugs, the time submitted, and the time resolved.
- UI Tint not appearing on published tours – Reported 10/9/18 – Resolved – 10/10/18 @ 12:30am
- Custom Filters set as the Global Filter are not currently working – Reported 10/9/18 – Resolved – 10/10/18 @ 2:21am
- Mobile Version is not showing premium settings. – Reported 10/9/18 – Resolved – 10/10/18 @ 2:29am
October 8, 2018
More Bug Fixes (Premium) – Deep links were not working; turning off features was resulting in no change when saved. Both issues are resolved. Thank you for your patience with the Premium launch!
October 7, 2018
Some Bug Fixes.
If you encountered some bug issues with setting certain showcase parameters to zero — it’s taken care of now! 🙂
MPEmbed previously viewed any setting that was set to ‘0’ as being ‘off’ — with the exception of &mt=0 — which had some programming put in place to allow. I’ve retooled Premium to allow ‘0’ to be a valid value.
You’ll notice that ‘disable minimap’ and other options in premium that had a ‘Do not display’ option have had this option removed. Now you can simply ‘uncheck’ the option to disable it.
Mattertag Sorting (Premium)
One of the most requested features has now been added — Mattertags can be reorganized within the Mattertag directory by dragging and dropping them! It’s super easy!
Compass Widget (Premium)
A special shout out to Doug Tse in San Francisco — your compass feature has arrived! Find this new feature in ‘Premium Features’ and visually set ‘True North’ to calibrate your compass widget!
October 6, 2018
Improved Filter Transitions (Premium):
Filter transitions have been improved so that all filters cross-fade. Previously, transitions would be instant when they were not simply brightness and contrast adjustments. This has been fine tuned and for the most part, transitions are all quite smooth now!
Easier Access to Edit Saved Filters (Premium):
Saved filters are now found at the bottom of the ‘Custom Filters’ panel. It’s better to keep everything filter related in one panel!
Disable Parameters (Premium):
If your client (or someone else!) has embedded a space with MPEmbed and you would like to regain full control over how the space is configured, now you can! You must embed your user id (mpu) as a hidden Mattertag and then turn on the ‘Disable Parameters’ option in the ‘Settings’ panel.
Set Matterport Parameters (Premium / Free):
Premium users can now configure all of Matterport’s standard URL parameters in a simple user interface! It’s never been easier to customize a Matterport Space! Additionally, free users can embed any standard URL parameter into a Mattertag and it will also work! 🙂
October 4, 2018 – Fullscreen Tab on Mobile
MPEmbed spaces will now open in a new tab when viewed on mobile. This replicates the behavior of Showcase, when embedded — and just like Showcase, can be bypassed with &play=1.
October 2, 2018 – Multi-floor Minimap
The MPEmbed Minimap gets an upgrade! Now you can see the previous floor at 50% opacity! Inspired by Craig Sauer and Michael Asgian’s tour of Mitchell Caverns. Also &minimap=3 (Start Maximized) has been removed (sorry!). This setting was problematic with initializing the zoom and resize controls.
Premium Beta – Thank you to all of the first adopters! Lots of little changes happening as people have begun using this tool! After we’re stable, the ‘Beta’ label will be taken off. Problems thus far have been related to ‘Unlimited’ signups not actually processing credit cards, Professional accounts showing PHP code instead of forms (yikes) and a few helpful observations that have been shared that have required some adjustments on how premium spaces are shared. Thank you to everyone who is doing more with MPEmbed! 🙂
September 30, 2018
MPEmbed Premium [Beta] is now available. Learn more.
MPEmbed Premium is currently in beta. This means that it has not yet been tested with actual users.
September 28, 2018
Updated ‘Tile Size’ Fix – Showcase v3.0 presently has a bug wherein only 1k tiles are served when a tour is loaded. Resizing the browser window or zooming in will initiate load of 2k and 4k tiles. I added a fix a while back to this bug that would automatically resize the showcase frame to 99.9% then back to 100%. This fix stopped working and I’ve fixed the fix 🙂 I’ve also reported it to Matterport.
Premium is going to be available on September 30, 2018. I’m still working on the account system. 🙁
September 26, 2018
&hotspotnumbers=1 – Show hotspot numbers on the mini map. Numbering is in the order that scans were made.
MPEmbed Premium Demo – Massive UI overhaul moving option configuration into the About Panel and pano settings and color adjustments into the configurator column. This allows users to always have access to all tools at once and improves accessibility on smaller screens.
September 17, 2018
MPEmbed Premium Demo – Everyone is now welcome to try out MPEmbed Premium! Head over to the ‘Premium’ page to try a fully functional demo.
Google Analytics Bug Fix – Use of Google Analytics was causing MPEmbed’s overlay to fail to load. This has been corrected.
September 13, 2018
Model Stats Panel – A new infobox panel has arrived! If you’ve ever wanted to share some details about your space, such as the # of scans, # of 360 Views / 3D Views, # of Mattertags and # of labels, now you can! &stats=1. Just like with details, mdir and hdir, the number defines the order in which the panel appears, so you can combine with other panels — &details=1&mdir=2&stats=3&hdir=4. If you set all 4 to ‘1’, stats shows last.
September 11, 2018
Analytics Rehaul – The logged output for Google Analytics has been standardized in a format that I hope will be more helpful. In addition, bleeding edge support has been added for Adobe Analytics (&aa=ACCOUNTID).
These are the events that you can log with Google and Adobe Analytics with MPEmbed:
- Event: Tour Loaded
- Event: Enter Pano – Pano # / Pano ID
- Event: Floor Change – Floor # / Floor Name
- Button: Enter Fullscreen
- Button: Exit Fullscreen
- Button: Show Infobox
- Button: Enter Mirror Mode (Premium)
- Button: Exit Mirror Mode (Premium)
- Button: Infobox – More
- Button: Infobox – Less
- Button: Infobox – Hide
- Button: Infobox – Show
- Mode Change: dollhouse, outside, inside, floorplan
- Minimap: Clicked Pano # / Pano ID
- Minimap: Minimize
- Minimize: Show
- Minimap: Minimize
- Minimap: Hide
- Guided Tour: Started
- Guided Tour: Stopped
- Guided Tour: Ended
- Guided Tour: Step #
- Effect: Confetti / Pano # / Pano ID (Premium)
- Mattertag Directory: Click / Label / Tag ID
- Mattertag Directory: Mobile / Label / Tag ID
With the premium version, Pano IDs can be replaced by custom labels. It’s almost here 🙂
September 10, 2018
- Mini Map v2.0 – The mini map that you’ve come to love is now going to love you right back! If you ever felt that the minimap was a little bit unpredictable when using it, I am hoping that you will love today’s update!
- When maximized, the mini map and it’s control buttons will not fade with the UI.
- When maximized, you must click the ‘close’ arrow to close it (no more accidentally closing it!)
- When maximized, you can now drag the map around by default. Previously, this option was only available after zooming once.
- When minimized, dragging is disabled.
September 7, 2018
- Large code restructuring done to improve performance and stability on load.
- Premium BETA – Added the ability to add confetti rain when entering a pano. 🙂
September 6, 2018
- Scrollbars on the highlight directory and mattertag directory now display by default. Previously, they would only appear when a user would roll their mousewheel.
- Mattertags in Infobox (&mt=0) – Removed link to provider for rich content and removed unnecessary space at bottom of window.
September 3, 2018
- Fixed a problem wherein MPEmbed would not initialize when dollhouse mode was disabled. There is a problem with the SDK wherein it does not send a signal indicating that the tour has started playing under these conditions. I’ve added a stop-gap solution that detects when a viewer has a location within the 3D tour that will initialize MPEmbed if it has not already started.
September 1, 2018
- MPEmbed is now supported by WP3D Models!
- Premium is now in private BETA – Interactive option configuration, creation of custom image filters, ability to assign filters to individual panos and the ability to select which hotspots to show on the minimap are all ready as the initial features on launch.
August 20, 2018
- MPEmbed is now fully hosted at mpembed.com! – For those who were paying close attention (or data mining), you may have noticed that MPEmbed.com was framed at metroplex360.com. This was an unfortunate solution as my SDK key was not setup to run with mpembed.com. That’s no longer the case! For me, this is a day for celebration!
August 19, 2018
- Polish UI Translation Available – We’re a little bit ahead of Matterport in offering this, but now &lang=pl will provide polish labels for all MPEmbed Elements. (Courtesy: Marcin Baran)
- Tint now works with Hidden Mattertags – You can customize the tint of MPEmbed’s UI elements with &tint=RRGGBB (i.e. &tint=FF0000 would be a very ugly red!). All MPEmbed features can be implemented using Mattertags (see the docs) – but tint was not working! Fixed! (Courtesy: Inge Van Hoof)
August 17, 2018
- Mattertag Directory Fixes – The Matterport SDK has a handly feature called ‘navigateToTag’. In theory, this will move you directly to a Mattertag, however, it fails if there is no clear path between where you are standing and where the tag is. I suspect that internally, this function is what happens when you CLICK on a Mattertag, therefore, when used via the SDK, it can only be expected to work if the tag would be clickable. It is for this reason that MPEmbed does a few clever things to make it work. When you click on a Mattertag Directory link, it will attempt to ‘navigateToTag’. When MPEmbed determines that the desired outcome did NOT happen, it will then swap to dollhouse mode, because in dollhouse mode, all tags are accessible via a click.A user wrote to me saying that it was not working and that MPEmbed became unstable when clicking on links. I tried out their space and confirmed that this was true (and panicked!) What I realized was that they had disabled the dollhouse feature. For this reason, I have added ‘floorplan’ mode as a fallback for resolving Mattertag links. In the case that both dollhouse and floorplan have been disabled, you’re currently out of luck and the Mattertag directory will gracefully not work. No more
August 16, 2018
- Multi-Floor Custom Mini Maps – Did you know that you can replace the minimap with your own? Simply use &minimapurl=https://somedomain.com/path/filename.png. If you would like to use multiple floors, label each file with 000.png (first floor), 001.png (second floor), 002.png (third floor). Be sure that your custom mini map lines up with the generated one. This can be tricky and you can read the docs to learn about &minimapoffset to fine tune if your map isn’t a 1:1 match.
- Added error messages for using insecure URLs for &minimapurl – We’re in an https:// world and mixing https:// and http:// creates an error message in your browser. We’re pointing users in the right direction by showing an error when a space loads if their hosted images are using an http:// url. Standards, standards!
- The Return of Tooltips – At some point the tool tips that appeared when different elements were hovered stopped appearing. I did not notice. One of our user’s suggested that we add tooltips. Now we have tooltips again.
August 13, 2018
- Space Title now fades upon start – Before it faded after the dollhouse transition… which was kind of weird, right?
- Highlight Reel Fixed – It stopped working. Now it works again! I love when people contact me and let me know 🙂
- Labels on Mini Map Fixed – They were appearing under panoramas. That’s not useful. I fixed that.
August 9, 2018
- Added error messages for using insecure URLs for &logo and &image – As Matterport Showcase requires a secure URL (https://), it is important that your custom logo or infobox image is also served via https. While this is documented, a few of our users missed this and I am now filtering out non https URLs and showing a “friendly” error message.
- Darker Background for Infobox Mattertags – Many users love the using &mdir=1&mt=0 to hide Mattertags in their space, but provide access to them in the infobox. I’ve increased the weight of the background to add a bit more contrast and also enlarged the ‘Close’ button. It was a little small before, wasn’t it?
August 1, 2018 – &reels now works as a Hidden Mattertag
The &reels= parameter — which allows you to combine highlight reels from multiple models into the highlight directory box — is an incredibly useful tool. I have a client whose website only accommodates one embedded tour per location page. Using the &reels parameter, I am able to link several tours together for a smooth experience.
I was a little bit baffled last night when I attempted to use a hidden mattertag to set this up. It just wouldn’t work! Ouch! I located the problem — so simple! If anyone else out there encountered this issue, I’d love to apologize for any hair loss it may have caused from scratching your head too much!
July 18, 2018 – Bug Fixes + WP3D Models Integration News
Google Analytics integration now logs clicking on Mattertags! This feature previously didn’t work. I’m not sure if the SDK wasn’t behaving properly, but I had written the code and disabled it due to it not working. I restored it and was pleasantly surprised that it was now working. You should be pleasantly surprised too!
MPEmbed support for WP3D Models is now in a limited beta. I am super excited as all free features of MPEmbed are supported and easily configured in an amazing way. Ross Peterson has made Google Analytics integration seamless as well as tying in many other features. I cannot wait for this to be released!
There were some issues with cached data not being refreshed. This is now resolved! &reels= is now working properly again too!
July 2, 2018 – MPEmbed in 2k/4k!
Some users may have noticed that Matterport Spaces that use MPEmbed do not look as crisp as tours that do not. Some of those users may have also noticed that when you resize your browser window, that suddenly your tour will get sharper.
This is due to a bug in Showcase v3.0 that happens whenever a space is embedded in an iframe. It loads 512k tiles and only 512k tiles. By resizing the iframe, it will force Showcase to check what the best tile size is to serve. I’ve added in code that automatically trips the ‘onresize’ function by ‘wiggling’ the iframe a little bit when each space loads. You can’t tell that it’s doing this — all you’ll notice is that your tour is looking a lot better 🙂
July 1, 2018 – Infobox Custom Order Fixed.
The ability to choose the order of the panels in the infobox was recently added and recently broken! This has now been fixed with a quick rewrite. (Thanks to Ross Peterson for discovering this!).
June 30, 2018 – Showcase v3.0.3 Support; WP Matterport Shortcode Support
Matterport released Showcase v3.0.3 which contains several undocumented changes to how the SDK works along with some pretty exciting features.
Both the Mattertag Directory and the Minimap Hotspots were affected by changes to the SDK namespaces and these issues have been resolved with feedback to the team at Matterport.
Also – we have now added support to WP Matterport Shortcode. With MP Matterport shortcode, you can embed Matterport Spaces in WordPress with a click-to-start thumbnail that opens your space above the site in a distraction-free mode. It speeds up your site’s load time and allows you to rapidly build a responsive gallery with columns. What’s even better is that you can use the plugin to apply MPEmbed settings to all of the tours in the gallery at once!
Oh, and here’s a preview of a feature that you will be seeing in premium:
Ever wanted two spaces for the price of one? 🙂 For apartments and homebuilders, it’s common to flip the orientation of a floorplan — so why not flip the orientation of a Matterport Space? There’s still some work to do on fixing the UI elements 🙂
Oh, and I added &filter=saturate — 125% saturation. &filter=oversaturate is 150% saturation and that’s sometimes a bit too much.
June 27, 2018 – Cache Optimization
MPEmbed caches data so that reloading is faster. One problem is that when a user changes tour information, caching will prevent updated information from showing. Now, data is refreshed after the space is loaded. While this doesn’t diminish the # of times that data is pulled – if offsets it to happen in the background after a tour is loaded with cached information.
June 26, 2018 – Fading UI Optimization + Sexy Scrollbars
The system default scrollbars in the Mattertag Directory and Highlights Directory have been replaced with some pretty sexy scrollbars that autohide – cleaning up the UI a bit more!
In addition, the fading UI has always been a little bit buggy. I optimized and recoded it! Half the code, twice the stability!
June 25, 2018 – Custom Order for Infobox Panels
You can now choose the order that infobox panels appear by using an alternate method for enabling panels.
This change has been made possible due to a new, unified method for creating parameters that now checks to make sure that values provided are valid. This new system powers both parameters and hidden mattertags and is a foundation for the upcoming ‘configurator’ inside of MP Embed Premium.
The ‘old’ info= parameter is and will always be supported, but is now undocumented as it is a legacy feature.
June 21, 2018 – Highlight Directory Fixed!
There was a bug where the highlight directory was not working. This was resolved. Thank you to those who reached out!
June 19, 2018 – Embed.ly Support!
I’m excited to announce that we’ve been accepted as an embed provider by Embed.ly. Embed.ly is a service that provides standardization for embedding content within web apps — and is used by Matterport’s Multimedia Mattertags.
What this means is that you can now embed a space that uses mpembed.com INSIDE of a Matterport tour! How cool is that?
June 14, 2018 – Add a Tint to the User Interface!
If you would like to add a tint to the UI so that it is not black and white, you can use a HEX Code to recolor all elements! Need some help? Visit: https://htmlcolorcodes.com/
|RRGGBB||Tint the UI with a color of your choice!|
I also fixed a bug with the fullscreen button.
MPEmbed overlays a hidden fullscreen button on top of the default Matterport one. This is necessary because otherwise, the default fullscreen button would take the tour fullscreen and leave behind all overlay features. Not cool!
One problem has been that if you are using the highlight reel, the fullscreen button can move. So – simple solution! I’ve added a second hidden fullscreen button. Yes, it’s always there 🙁 If the SDK has a feature wherein I can tell if the highlight reel is or is not open, I can do this properly. For now – problem solved!
June 11, 2018 – Presenting: The Optimized Infobox
The infobox was too big. I have nipped and tucked as well as replaced much of the visible content with icons that will display information when a user rolls the mouse over. The only thing I find odd is that the Contact Name seems to be sort of hanging there without any context… which in the default Matterport Infobox, it has context as it is an equal citizen with everything else. As I’ve turned all other information into icons, this little bit of left over text looks a bit odd. I’m thinking about what to do here.
June 3, 2018 – Bug Fixes and Toggle Tabs!
- &play=1 wasn’t working on mobile. This was disabled as it was being repurposed as a workaround and now a workaround has been made for the workaround. (Thanks, Jack Siew!)
- The infobox tabs can now be closed. (Thanks, Jack Siew!)
5/22/18 – Multiple-Tour Highlight Directory
- Join the highlight reels from multiple tours into one highlight directory!
- Be sure to enable the highlight directory (&info=hdir)
- Update 5/24 – If you use a tour that does NOT have a highlight reel, the tour’s thumbnail image will be used instead and a single highlight reel entry will be created for the tour. (Requested by: Gerald Smith)
- MPEmbed now loads up to 3 seconds faster too thanks to server-side caching of SDK data.
5/15/18 – Improved French Translation (Thank you, Benoit Penicaut)
5/14/18 – Mini Map Enhancements
- You can zoom into the minimap with the mouse wheel and drag the floorplan around as well as resize the map box with the lower left handle.
- You can now adjust the position of the panos for use on custom maps that are not proportional to the generated map. &minimapoffset=w,h,x,y (width, height, x offset, y offset). All values are in %. This feature is definitely for the PROs out there as correctly moving your pano map and aligning it will take some tweaking. If you are familiar with using your browser’s debug tools, you can fine tune by playing with the CSS and seeing the live preview as you do this. Premium will have a GUI for this!
5/13/18 – Resizeable Mini Map!
- Minimap now features a draggable resize handler on the bottom left!
- Image in details box is now responsive on mobile screens.
5/9/18 – Bring your own map!
- 1/2 Size Hotspots – &hotspots=2
- Minimap on mobile/portrait mode fixes
- You can now swap the generated map with your own
5/1/18 – Minimap Hotspot Visibility Recode
- Minimap – Rewrote the algorithms for calculating the visibility of panoramas while changing floors. The SDK now provides the associated floor for each pano (aka ‘sweep’), however, simply using this data would prevent the appearance of nearby panorama hotspots that would enable a visitor to click a nearby panorama that is set to the next floor. Therefore I have also included all nearby neighbors with a threshold of 2 meters. Nearby neighbors on assigned to different floors appear as slightly smaller blue hotspots.
- Infobox – Reduced maximum height of infobox to allow more room for the floor changing button.
- 4/28/18 – Adjusted opacity of inactive tabs.
- 4/21/18 – Added mousewheel zoom to the minimap; Renamed ‘Close Tag’ to ‘Close’ and moved from bottom left to top right of window for &mt=0 mode; Added a secret code (‘d e b u g’)
- 4/17/18 – &minimap=3 – Starts minimap maximized.
- 4/15/18 – Added an interactive url builder to the homepage; &filter=darken changed from 80% to 90% with 10% Contrast; &filter=darkenmore changed from 60% to 75% with 25% contrast
- 4/10/18 – Fixed a bug where the minimap bounding box would extend beyond the map and block navigation interaction.
- 4/7/18 – Added – Darken Filter (Thanks, Gerald Smith); Removed – &filter=blue, &filter=lum and &filter=killyellow (awww) — Filters now work consistently on all browsers (Except IE); Removed debug code that showed a message when clicking on the active pano in the minimap (Thanks, Isabel Wang); Fixed – &fadehotspots disabled on tablets and mobile correctly (Thanks, Gerald Smith); Passes validator.w3.org — except for allow=”vr” (Thanks, Google for enforcing non-standards); Fixed a bug that caused MPEmbed’s overlay to fail since yesterday (Sorry)
- 4/3/18 – Added &fadehotspots=1 for large tours with many panos. This will automatically fade out inactive hotspots on desktop when the map is not hovered as well as shrinking the hotspots to half their size until hovered individually. Bug fixes: Fixed tour spinning out of control when looking down; Fixed ©right (conflict with debug box); Fixed MiniMap position on smaller screens to not overlap
- 4/2/18 – Updated debug box with full parameters list, minimapfilter selection and fixed debug minimap toggle. oEmbed bug fixes. Figured out why oEmbed doesn’t work in WordPress for Matterport or oEmbed
- 3/29/18 – Added XML support for oEmbed.
- 3/28/18 – Tour Title appears on click-to-start screen; Fixed mobile browser detection; MPEmbed works on iOS / Safari and Chrome again. (Adds &play=1 to bypass opening in a new window); Added a click-to-start start screen for mobile; Added ‘reset’ button next to Mattertag Directory filter; Added oEmbed support! (See it in action with the insert media from URL option in WordPress)
- 3/26/18 – Showcase v3.01. BETA replaces v3.0.0 BETA (new dollhosue transitions, lighter background behind terms). Minimap fixed as the method for generating the vr minimap image url changed.
- 3/25/18 – New Feature – Mattertag content displays in the infobox when hidden in the space (&mt=0). Killer feature; Mobile Mattertag Directory is now alphabetized in drop down list; renamed ‘directory’ to ‘highlights’; UI no longer fades when clicking on a highlight reel entry in the ‘highlights’ tab; Added translations of ‘Details’, ‘Highlights’, ‘Tags’ and ‘Presented by’ in all supported languages using Google Translate.
- 3/24/18 – Infobox – Tabs no longer appear when only one panel is selected (i.e. &info=mdir), fixed showing first available infobox panel if ‘details’ is not enabled; expanded hit target area for arrow buttons in top corners and minimap hotspots.
- 3/23/18 – Mattertag Directory now has colored icons based on the Mattertag color — plus filtering box (add mdirfilter to info panels)
- 3/22/18 – Minimap toggle now appears at the same time as the map (and doesn’t appear if minimap is disabled)
- 3/21/18 – Added ‘minimapfilter’ parameter. Apply any filter to the mini map (&minimapfilter=blackandwhite) for instance.
- 3/19/18 – New website with MP.Embed Premium membership sign up added. (not available to use yet)
- 3/18/18 – Added ‘image’ support in details box.
- 3/17/18 – Removed default Google Analytics UUID (my UUID)
- 3/16/18 – Added OpenGraph / Twitter tag; Added copyright feature to bottom right of player.
- 3/15/18 – Optimized UI for mobile. Mobile dropdowns added for hotspots and Mattertags.
- 3/14/18 – Added UI fading during movement; Added support for Chinese Servers.
- 3/13/18 – Public Beta Launches – Added support for parameters via Mattertags; Changed several parameters
- 3/12/18 – New UI with tabbed infobox box. Removed hdirectory and mdirectory params.
- 3/11/18 – Labels now display on the mini map!
- 3/7/18 – Fixed floorplan from exceeding window height when expanded. Restored Native UI icon for Full Screen.
- 3/6/18 – Google Analytics (&ga=UID) implemented
- 3/5/18 – MP.Embed private beta launches.
Feature requests are fun and if it’s easy, I tend to tackle it quickly. If it’s a major feature that will impact the trajectory of MPEmbed, then it may take some time before I tackle it.
I work on this when I am finished with paid client work, although I have at times forgone work in order to spend time on this project as I am heavily invested in it.
So here’s the list of what you guys have requested:
- Drone OBJ Support
A user has asked me to support this as a way to introduce tours. Sounds exciting. I may support this via SketchFab API and mash the two up so that any object can be used — or I may simply make a lightweight viewer (or find an open source one) built in Three.js.
- Different configurations for Mobile / Desktop
The mobile version of MPEmbed’s mini map will soon open as an overlay instead of maximizing. The overlay will fix layout issues and make more sense for mobile.
- Rotating to landscape mode causes overlap of panels
Investigating. It is likely that the infoboxes will not be viewable on landscape mode, or will need to move to a column layout.
- Rotate the Minimap
WIP -&minimaprotate=90, &minimaprotate=180 &minimaprotate=270. On some maps, this works well. On some, the map moves uncomfortably off screen. This is because my method of facilitating this involved taking a major short cut and I need to go back in and do things programmatically instead of cheating with CSS 🙂
- Animated GIF / Custom oEmbed/OpenGraph Start Image
We already have animated GIFs working — (Premium)
- Different / Custom Start Image
I am looking in to adding a snapshot style feature that allows setting a ‘thumbnail’ image that will differ from the starting point!
- GDPR Compliance
Not sure what this would entail, but this will be investigated.
- Mattertags cannot be opened via SDK. This feature will be available VERY soon as well as the ability to instantly transition to where Mattertags are located instead of ‘flying’ to the point. I’m waiting on the Showcase v3.0.6 / SDK v3.0.6 release to enable this.
- I cannot change the URL that is shown when clicking the ‘share’ icon or hitting ‘u’ to get a deep link.
- I cannot do anything to fix issues caused by the VR Modal Box, Terms of Service or Help Modal Boxes.
But … I am considering a plan that would replace them with version that CAN be modified.
- I cannot add full screen for iOS/Safari. It isn’t supported (https://caniuse.com/#feat=fullscreen) and if there was an intelligent work around, I’m sure that BigScreen would support it (https://brad.is/coding/BigScreen/)
- You need to disable the highlight’s reel in order to make full screen work. I cannot detect when the highlight reel is open. This moves the UI’s full screen button. That messes up MPEmbed’s full screen hit target.